Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

MY FEARS FOR NIGERIA ESPECIALLY THE CHIBOK GIRLS




As I write this piece, a lot of things flow through my mind; it gives me fear and deprives me of my sleep. The fear as to what becomes the fate of this country especially the fate of the abducted Chibok girls in the hands of their abductors.

It`s not just the agony of the abducted girls that fuels my insomnia, it`s not just the lacking of the presidential empathy, it`s the blinding flash of hopelessness that every sane mind captures as he/she moves within the nooks and crannies of the country.
The hopelessness has such sapping and draining effects, that it refused to fight when four score kids were butchered while they sleep; not once not twice. We couldn’t and didn’t move a muscle when car packs where decimated by bombs detonations not ones not twice.
My fears for Nigeria abound in so many forms which consequently have raised my blood pressure and sharply increased my heartbeats. My fear for Nigeria especially the Chibok girls almost chocked me up as I tried to grasp the kind of precarious state the girls are in as I type this piece.
My fear for Nigeria especially the Chibok girls cannot be underestimated as I tried to  grasp what will become the future of these girls if eventually they are set free form the den of Boko Haram their abductors.
Tell me my friend if the abductor girls finally returned from the hands of Abubakar Shakau; Boko Haram leader, to what fate do they return? Returned to be captured another day, when they try to get back to school? Returned to be slaughtered another day while they sleep? Or returned to be slaughtered as they patiently wait to board a bus at a car park?
If they eventually grow up and get the education they have so much fought hard to get.... Is it to be stampede to death by a large crowd during their search for jobs?
My fear for Nigeria especially the Chibok girls gives me insomnia, this insomnia has no cure until we start to do things right and as I lay consciously on my couch I just could not stop the tears as it flow down my eyes.
This fear for Nigeria especially the Chibok girls leaves me shattered and hopeless and what bothers me most is not just the fear for their return but what befalls them when they are back home if things remain the same way they are.
It is with this, do I call on all meaningful and patriotic Nigerians, home and abroad to join hands together to fix this country.
It`s high time the government stood up to their responsibilities and stop politicizing all events. It`s high time the citizenry forgot about their difference and fight for a common goal; the dreams of our fathers and the hopes of our children.
Until all these are done, our fears for Nigeria especially the Chibok girls abound and our insomnia has no cure.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA
It`s me Ogundana M. Rotimi
Follow me on twitter @MickeySunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.